Thursday, March 24, 2011

Post #6: He makes them look good, SHE makes them look better...

There’s something about a woman in man’s clothing that has always been sold as sexy, but what about a woman in men’s shoes? I’m not talking about your average wingtip but I’m thinking more along the line of another recent shoe trend….OXFORDS!


I remember when I first saw these shoes on women I was a bit taken back but they have definitely grown on me. It never ceases to amaze me how women can take something masculine and with the right outfit and accessories make it feminine, flirty, and fashionable.Where as men would probably wear there oxfords with a suit, women on the other hand pair their's with shorts, skirts, leggings, tights, jeans...you name it!


As I do with all my post, I like to show how fashion is affordable to the masses so I came across these three oxfords that hit the trend dead on from low ($)  to high ($$$) end. Regardless of your budget you can fall right in line with this latest shoe trend.

The first style comes from fast fashion retailer Forever 21 for $24.80: 
The second style comes from Nordstrom and is Jeffrey Campbell "Miller" Oxford and retails for $109.95:

The third and last style comes from Zappos Couture and retails for $585:

And while you're at it, dare to be different and try a a pair with a  pop of color, funky laces, or some embellishment like the styles shown below:




- Sanura A. Williams




No comments:

Post a Comment